septic tank provides a traditional solution to sewage disposal needs for domestic dwellings without access to mains drainage. Sewage enters the septic tank into a settnt chamber, allowing solid waste (sludge) to sink and liquid to rise to the surface. This surface liquid makes contact with oxygen and the organic matter starts to break down biologically. This liquid still contains sewage but in small enough particles to be carried through the discharge outlet and into the ground (soakaway).
Klargester Alpha Septic Tank 2800l
Klargester Alpha Septic Tank 3800l
Klargester Alpha Septic Tank 4600l
Features and Benefits
- Internal baffle design within the tank aids separation and retention of solids, improving the effluent quality thus providing a long life to the soakaway
- Made from composite GRP – strong, light, chemically resistant and watertight
- Press moulded shape provides wide, squat form which makes the tank easy to install and handle
- Stable base for storage
- Shackles are provided to aid lifting and positioning within the excavation
- All unit volumes are designed in accordance with the recommendations given in BS 6297: 1983
- The new manufacturing process minimises styrene emissions and reduces waste – all the better for our environment
Introducing the new Klargester BioFicient Package Sewage Treatment System, designed for shallow-dig applications. The packaged system comes complete with control panel, loss of pressure alarm and blower. The BioFicient can be supplied suitable for gravity discharge, or with an pump chamber as a pumped option.
The BioFicient has been specially designed for shallow-dig applications, allowing for an unobtrusive below-ground installation. Its unique design features include its low profile and extension neck, saving on-site time and expense.
The BioFicient is a highly economical and reliable solution for your sewage treatment needs. With low running costs, the all-new BioFicient is easy to maintain, with the high performance you’d expect from a Kingspan Klargester model
BioFicient 1: suitable for up to 6 population (up to 4 bedrooms)
BioFicient 2: suitable for up to 8 population (up to 6 bedrooms)
BioFicient 3: suitable for up to 10 population (up to 8 bedrooms)
How the Klargester BioFicient works
The moving aerated media process used is a compact development of the traditional biological process and provides a more effective and complete means of reducing the loads.
1.Raw sewage gravitates to the unit where it is received in the primary settlement zone. Here, gross solids and other social debris settle to the bottom of the tank where they remain until the tank requires de-sludging. Settled sewage is displaced from primary zone and enters the first of : two sequential moving aerated media reactors.
2.Media and liquid circulation in each zone is achieved through the use of a compressor and diffuser, which introduces fresh air into each compartment. The liquor is constantly re-circulated and contacts the moving media and as it does so, it is purified by the microorganisms (biomass) growing on the surface of the media and within the moving liquor. Excess growth of biomass is shed as solid particles into the liquor.
3.The final settlement tank is where humus solids settle to form sludge. At pre-set intervals, portions of the sludge and liquor are returned to the primary tank for additional treatment.
4.Final effluent is displaced from the final settlement tank. With regulator approval, it is suitable for discharge to a watercourse or drainage field.
Features and Benefits
- Minimal visual impact
- Low profile cover, slightly larger than a manhole cover and flat
- Comes with a standard invert of 500mm. Invert depth can be increased to a maximum of 1.5m by purchasing extension necks and trimming to suit site level (sold separately).
- Saves on-site installation time
- Low running costs
- Excellent ammonia reduction (0.4 mg/l)